Lewis Automotive Group
Family Owned and Operated!! 64 years!! 4 th Generation!
1993 Ford Mustang Cobra 5.0L V8
The Original SVT Cobra!!
The 1st and Only time the Cobra was produced in the Fox Body!!
1st Mustang produced by the Ford SVT Perfomance Team!!
It was the premier vehicle of Ford's newly established SVT division, designed to showcase SVT's four hallmarks of Performance, Substance, Exclusivity and Value.
Runs and Drives Awesome!! Solid American Muscle Feel!! A deep Throaty Rumble lets everyone know this is the Ulimate Machine!!
After almost 2 decades this Speciality Car has developed enough Rarity and Documented History to place it on the Showroom. It has a few small chips in the paint but no dents or damage. A Perfect Carfax! Interior is in great shape with no rips or tears, no odors. Solid Car all the way around.
SVT Cobra's Short Block (cylinder block, crankshaft, rods, and pistons) was carried over from the GT model. To this, Ford SVT engineers added the following performance items:
- Cylinder Heads: GT-40 "High Flow" Cast Iron heads were installed. Milled for 62.5cc combustion chambers.
- Valves measure 1.84" (46.7mm) intake, and 1.54" (39.1mm) exhaust.
- The valves are actuated by Cobra-specific 1.7 ratio roller rockers, constructed of aluminum and produced for Ford by Crane Cams.
- Intake Manifold: The Cobra upper manifold was unique to the 1993 Cobra and had a 2.75" (70.0mm) diameter round throttle body opening, diverting air into (8) round staggered ports, each 1.64" (41.7mm) diameter.
- The lower manifold was identical to the GT-40 manifold used by Ford Racing; it redirects airflow to a rectangular port configuration as needed by the cylinder heads.
- Camshaft: The cam is of the hydraulic roller type (same as the GT). However, the Cobra cam has unique specifications of 0.479"/0.479" (12.2mm/12.2mm) intake/exhaust lift, (209°/209°) duration at 0.050" (1.27mm), and a lobe separation of 118.3°
- Air/Fuel Delivery: The increased airflow and fuel consumption of the Cobra required these upgraded components: Larger (compared to the GT) 24 lb/hr fuel injectors, 2.75" (70.0mm) MAF meter, 2.56" (65.0mm) throttle body, and matching EGR plate handle the increased breathing of the motor. A specially calibrated X3Z EEC-IV engine control unit runs the system.
- Accessories: The crankshaft pulley diameter decreased by 14% (as compared to the GT) in order to under-drive the alternator, A/C, and smog pump, all to increase power. The water pump pulley also decreased in diameter by the same amount in order to preserve the ratio of pump speed, and thus coolant flow. These smaller accessory pulleys necessitated a shorter serpentine belt.
- Exhaust: To extract the maximum amount of power from the Cobra's powerplant, Ford engineers used tuned mufflers with lower restriction. Cobra had a revised rear fascia, allowing for an exposed dual exhaust.
Shocks/Struts: The Cobra outsourced production of shocks and struts to the aftermarket manufacturer Tokico. The components used were specifically valved for the new car.
The ultimate Piece of American History!! This is truely the 1 ST SVT Cobra to hit the Market!!
We have all the documentation!
-Original Window Sticker
-Original SVT Certification Documents w/ Signatures
About this Cobra:
1993 Cobra 3 Door
5.0L Super High Performance V-8
5 speed manual transmission
Exterior: Vibrant Red Clearcoat
Interior: Opal Grey Leather
Power Equipment Group
Variable rate springs
Gas pressurized front struts and rear shocks
Quadra Shock Rear Suspension
Power Front and Rear Disc Brakes
17" x 7.5" Cast Aluminum Wheels
Articulated Sport Seating
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
This Auction Will End Early!! With a Short Phone Call you can own the 1st SVT Cobra Produced and the Only Cobra Produced in the Fox Body!!
Will Not Last Long!!! Largest Fan Base in Automotive History!!